Directed Net Operation
Most nets will consist of a number of stations, one of which is designated the CONTROL STATION.The control station should be sited so that it is in radio contact with all other stations, which are known as CHECKPOINTS.Each CHECKPOINT will be in direct contact with the User Services, and at locations required by them.The CONTROL STATION is responsible for the control of radio traffic over the air.The principle behind directed net operation is that NO station may use the net frequency without permission from control.
RAYNET operation requires the accurate passing of third party messages as rapidly as possible. Operation must at all times conform to the Amateur Radio Licence.Notes:-
- Maintain and observe net discipline.
- Be brief but pass all necessary details.
- Be prepared with sufficient stationery.
- Air time is valuable. Think “off-air”.
- Transmit messages in short and logical phrases.
- Speak clearly and slowly.